Two Wheel Services in OKC are Different But Both Important
When it comes to auto service, our team here at Bob Howard Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM is here to perform a variety of maintenance and repairs to keep your vehicle going strong. Having routine services helps your vehicle health, and two services – wheel balance and wheel alignment – are important, but different.
What is a wheel balance?
- A wheel balance adjusts proper balance of the wheels
- When your wheels aren’t balanced it causes tread wear and the distribution of weight around the tire to change, which can lead to imbalance, causing the vehicle to shake or vibrate
- Wheel balance service uses a calibrated spin balancer, and will test it at moving and non-moving to make sure your wheels are balanced, if they are not, they are adjusted
- Most wheel balancing is recommended every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, or every six months
What is a wheel alignment?
- A wheel alignment will adjust the angle of your car’s wheels to the position that is set by the manufacturer’s recommended specification
- The inspection includes looking at the toe, chamber, and caster, which are the three components that measure wheel alignment. If adjustments are needed, they are made
- If you notice any pulling of the vehicle to one side or your vehicle has recently been in a collision, you should get a wheel alignment
- We also recommend a wheel alignment every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, especially if you drive through pot holes, gravel road, or in many different road conditions
If you want to learn more and schedule an appointment, you can with us here in our Oklahoma City showroom, where we’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.