How LaneSense Works on the Chrysler Pacifica
Here at Bob Howard Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM we get a lot of questions about technology on our vehicles, especially family-friendly ones like the Chrysler Pacifica. One that people are interested in learning more about is LaneSense lane departure warning and what it does, and how it works specifically, and today we're going to explain it to you.
- LaneSense lane departure warning on the likes of the Chrysler Pacifica utilize a camera-based vision sensor to measure lane position in painted lane boundaries on roads and highways everywhere
- When you’re driving through an area that has visually prominent lane boundaries, and your vehicle begins to leave the lane without your turn signal on, the LaneSense system will give you feedback in the steering wheel and bring you back into the lane
- You’re also going to see a visual warning that you are veering out of a lane in the instrument cluster, too
- If painted lane boundaries aren't visible enough, the system will be disabled
- Drivers can even customize the levels of sensitivity that LaneSense provides you by using Uconnect onboard vehicles like the Pacifica, and set it to what works best for you
- LaneSense can also be turned off manually by pressing a button on the center stack
If you’d like to learn more, stop in and see us here in our Oklahoma City showroom, where we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, and set up test drives today.