Always Be Cool with this Efficient Air Conditioning List
Here at Bob Howard Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, all our vehicles are able to cool you down with the air conditioner. But, we all know the feeling of getting in a sticky, hot vehicle, and wanting to get that cool air in fast. Well, we have an effective and efficient way of doing it, and we’d like to share it with you.
- You should check a few things regularly, and that includes the air conditioning suction vents, which are under the hood, and at the base of the windshield. Clean them out from any debris or anything that has piled up in there so you get the best flow
- Ensure your cabin filter is clean, and if you need a new one, we’re certainly here to help you get one inside your vehicle
- Check your coolant levels to make sure everything is in order, and only check when your vehicle is cold
- Use a reflective windshield screen when your vehicle is parked. This keeps out the sun and can keep the cabin a few degrees cooler, which is a plus
- When you start your vehicle, roll down all of the windows
- Turn on the air conditioning with the fresh air setting coming from the vents
- When you have the air blowing consistently, roll up the front windows and switch to the recirculated air, which will let the cool air coming out of the front vents going right back into the air conditioning, allowing it to cool more
- Shortly after rolling up the front windows, roll up the rest of the windows, and reduce blower speed to 50 percent or less, as your air conditioning will blow out colder air when less air is being pushed out
This way, you’ll be cooled in Oklahoma City at all times. You can stop in and learn more, or check out all our offerings here in our showroom. We’d be happy to answer any questions, and set up test drives today.